The POPP Smoke Sensor/Siren sets new safety standards in your home. There are a lot of potential fire sources in your own four walls, for example open fire such as candles or a fireplace. Also an iron, cooking utensils or numerous other electrical devices can cause fire. Smoke detectors save lifes! This device is also an indoor siren, which saves your property, too.
The device consists of two parts: (1) a stand-alone smoke detector head that does not only fully comply to the European regulation EN15406 but to the much more advanced guideline vfdb 14-01. This means that the device – among others – ensures a 10 year battery life of the internal battery, is more resistive against mechanical stress and extreme temperature changes, and it is manufactured according to the advanced manufacturing standard UPC-2.(2) a wireless communication module, that has its own separate and replaceable battery. This module ﬁts into the module bay of the smoke detector head and establishes a communication link to a central Z-Wave gateway reporting its battery status and of course any alarm condition. The module is certiﬁed according to the Z-Wave Plus guidelines.
Additional functionality of this high end smoke detector include periodic automated self test, dust compensation and special functions for sleeping rooms (no blinking) and easiness of use (large button for testing to be operated by a simple broom stick).
Furthermore, the device can be used as an independent indoor siren within the Z-Wave network, which can alarm in case of detected ﬂood or burglary.
- Teknisk data:
- World’s first 10-year smoke detector with Z-Wave wireless technology
- Photoelectric smoke sensor
- Alarm with 85dB/3m
- Fix installed 10+1 years lithium battery
- Automatic dust compensation
- Large button for testing and muting
- Automatic self-calibration and self-test
- Special functions for sleeping rooms (no blinking)
- Reduced test sound level
- Additional function as independent indoor siren (e.g. burglary or flood alarm)
- Dimensions: 115x115x47 mm
- Z-Wave Plus
- Easy integration into a Z-Wave wireless network
- Bidirectional wireless protocol ensures high security and status messages
- Current battery level can be read out by a Z-Wave controller
- Residents are not only warned by an acoustic signal but also by text message to a smart phone
- Automation scenes can be defined (e.g. detected smoke triggers opening of shutters and switching on the lighting)
- Tamper protection if the device is removed from the bracket